November 10 Meeting
Some of you contacted me about wanting to know if there is meeting this Sunday, November 10. We are indeed meeting in the Jewish Heritage room at 1:00.
I found out the other day that no one was scheduled to run this meeting, so I will be running it.
Lee Levin brought this article to my attention and I wanted to share this with you:
The Phoenix JGS recently lost their leader and now they are convening to figure out how to move forward. I believe this Sunday’s meeting should be the same, as I will be stepping down from the steering committee as well.
Here are my thoughts:
- · We need a leader- you will note that I have not been in leadership role for almost a year.
- · I don’t think most of you want to dedicate the time a perceived responsibility to take on this role.
- · The leader needs to be an overseer, not a hands one person.
- · This Sunday, we all volunteer to run one of the 12 meetings scheduled for 2014. This includes programming for the volunteered meeting as well.
- · The workload is diminished for all and we all pitch in as meeting leaders.
It’s time to pay our annual dues. Please bring your checks for $36 per person.
Andy “Avi” Rosen, Steering Committee
Southern Arizona Jewish Genealogy Society
- Posted in: Uncategorized